- (In East Africa) a cultivated plot of ground; a farm or plantation.More example sentences
- Not so long ago, all six would have been busy at this hour fetching water from distant wells and lugging it back to the small subsistence farms, known as shambas, that dot rural western Kenya.
- After independence, many of the large colonial land holdings were divided among Kenyans into small farms known as shambas.
- Niassia worked for the global coffee industry, and used to earn £70 a year collecting the red berries from the hundreds of drooping coffee bushes on her hillside shamba (field used to grow crops).
More definitions of shambaDefinition of shamba in:
- The US English dictionary