- A dress fabric spun from tussore silk with random irregularities in the surface texture: [as modifier]: a shantung blouseMore example sentences
- They makes gorgeous silk shantung and taffeta dresses that are amazingly flattering and come in every color.
- Fabrics include canvas in different weights, linens, cotton and silk poplins, piquets, silk canvas, shantung, cotton jersey and all the classic ‘suit’ fabrics.
- For Miu Miu she went back to the 1950s, with large geometric prints based on curtain and furnishing fabrics, heavy slubbed silk and shantung.
late 19th century: from Shantung, where it was originally made.
More definitions of shantungDefinition of shantung in:
- The US English dictionary