noun[mass noun] Metallurgy
- A property exhibited by certain alloys of recovering their initial shape when they are heated after having been plastically deformed: [as modifier]: commercial shape-memory alloys are usually copper-basedMore example sentences
- The combination of shape memory alloys is innovative.
- It provides shape memory, high elasticity, biocompatibility, and MRI compatibility.
- The shape memory effect in metals relies on a phase change in the material's crystal structure.
More definitions of shape memoryDefinition of shape memory in:
- The US English dictionary