Definition of shape-shifter in English:
(Chiefly in science fiction or mythology) a person or being with the ability to change their physical form at will.
- What is more, Spider-Man's enemies and locations will reflect the local customs and mythologies, beginning with Rakshasa, a mythical shape-shifter who will replace the Green Goblin.
- The dreamer or dream-ego is an inveterate shape-shifter.
- Vampires are shape-shifters like were-wolves.
shape-shifting noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- The runes prevented him from teleporting, shape-shifting, and using telepathy.
- On this show, a square-jawed, stoic samurai warrior has been fired through a time portal by his mortal enemy, Aku, a shape-shifting wizard.
- By that time next year, I knew her better than I knew myself, and when she passed the shape-shifting test and was given the higher-soul magic, I was not surprised to see her human frame replaced with a fine black Arabian mare phenotype.
Definition of shape-shifter in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan