Definition of shapely in English:
adjective (shapelier, shapeliest)
(Especially of a woman or part of her body) having an attractive or well-proportioned shape: however much she ate it made no difference to her shapely figure
More example sentences
- She too was a licensed chiropractor but unlike him she was an attractive, shapely woman who looked good in a skirt.
- Bodies are well represented, and the women are shapely, but the facial characteristics are distinctly anime.
- it's probably safe to say that most women want one thing from weightlifting - a lean, shapely body.
- Example sentences
- Before this happens, I hope the blogosphere, using its collective, distributed nodes of intelligence, can determine why it's OK to admire the shapeliness of some 18-year-olds but not others.
- He has personally received a lot of compliments for the shapeliness of his pins in high heels.
- But when you take cuttings from valuable landscape plants such as cedar, fir, juniper, pine, spruce, and redwood, do it carefully to preserve the plant's health and shapeliness.
Words that rhyme with shapelyably • ungainly • maidenly
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan