- 1The rough scaly skin of a shark, sometimes used as shagreen.More example sentences
- She has created an artificial sharkskin that mimics natural sharkskin's innate resistance to biofouling.
- It is covered by a layer of tiny, bony tubercles, similar to that of sharkskin in appearance and feel.
- The holsters are hand-stitched using the finest leather, horsehide, cowhide, sharkskin and exotics like ostrich and stingray.
- 1.1A stiff, slightly lustrous synthetic fabric: [as modifier]: his sharkskin suitMore example sentences
- Man, those narrow-lapelled sharkskin suits, that felling left and that slaughterhouse right, and that scowl: his badness transcended race.
- For all his sharkskin suits and his finger-snapping, MacGregor suggests Gig Young more than Rock Hudson, never mind Cary Grant.
- Menswear bargains include 50 per cent off a Fraser suede blazer at £125, and a Richard James grey sharkskin single-breasted suit at £300.
More definitions of sharkskinDefinition of sharkskin in:
- The US English dictionary