- Dishonest or barely honest dealings: any kind of sharp practice will ruin a barrister’s careerMore example sentences
trickery, chicanery, deception, deceit, deceitfulness, duplicity, dishonesty, unscrupulousness, underhandedness, subterfuge, fraud, fraudulence, legerdemain, sophistry, skulduggery, swindling, cheating, duping, hoodwinking; deviousness, guile, intrigue, craft, craftiness, artfulness, slyness, wiles; misleading talkBritish • informal jiggery-pokeryNorth American • informal monkeyshinesIrish • informal codology• archaic management, knavery
- He has been pinned by the dishonesty and sharp practice apparently rife in the Queensland branch.
- The Yanks lecture the world on good election process, yet let ballot design, voting procedure and counting power be controlled by the equivalent of local councils - a recipe for electoral corruption and sharp practice.
- Politicians should have more regard for the complexity they conjure up with each new wave of legislation, which creates a breeding ground for fraud and sharp practice.
More definitions of sharp practiceDefinition of sharp practice in:
- The US English dictionary