Definition of sharpshooter in English:
A person who is very skilled in shooting.
- Both are expert marksmen, sharpshooters, snipers of great skill and reputation.
- You use that advice to tailor the recommendations you make to marksmen, sharpshooters and experts.
- Johnny stepped up to the counter where the would-be sharpshooters were signing up for the shooting match.
sharpshooting noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- For a vehicle that was riddled with hundreds of bullets fired by normally sharpshooting American soldiers, the car shows astonishingly little damage.
- Whereas Twain on the warpath was a sharpshooting rifleman and Mencken laid about with the broadsword, Brooks's literary weapon is the tweezers.
- Every new dusty setting calls for more energetic sharpshooting, whether picking off an angry mob or firing at targets from horseback.
Definition of sharpshooter in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia