A person who is very skilled in shooting.
- Both are expert marksmen, sharpshooters, snipers of great skill and reputation.
- You use that advice to tailor the recommendations you make to marksmen, sharpshooters and experts.
- Johnny stepped up to the counter where the would-be sharpshooters were signing up for the shooting match.
sharpshooting noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- For a vehicle that was riddled with hundreds of bullets fired by normally sharpshooting American soldiers, the car shows astonishingly little damage.
- Whereas Twain on the warpath was a sharpshooting rifleman and Mencken laid about with the broadsword, Brooks's literary weapon is the tweezers.
- Every new dusty setting calls for more energetic sharpshooting, whether picking off an angry mob or firing at targets from horseback.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: sharp|shoot¦er
Definition of sharpshooter in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.