noun (plural same or shashliks)
- (In Asia and eastern Europe) a mutton kebab.More example sentences
- Millions of acres are burnt every year in this place because somebody has gone out to have a fire and cook their shashlik (meat kebab).
- We ordered a pork shashlik, grilled zargan fish and grilled blue fish.
- The pork cutlets also looked good, although the shashlik I ordered was strangely cold.
from Russian shashlyk, based on Turkish şiş 'spit, skewer'; compare with shish kebab.
More definitions of shashlikDefinition of shashlik in:
- The US English dictionary