- (In Hinduism and some forms of Buddhism) a work of sacred scripture.More example sentences
- The dharma shastras discuss at some length the issue of unworthy or even dangerous guests, yet advising that no matter what the circumstances, the visitor should at least receive food.
- Neither shastras nor smritis suggest that there exists an immutable, universal moral doctrine.
- The Vedas and shastras are many, but life is very short.
from Sanskrit śāstra.
More definitions of shastraDefinition of shastra in:
- The US English dictionary