Definition of shaver in English:
1An electric razor.
- In his new post, he oversees all functions of lighters, shavers, writing instruments and white-out correction products.
- It also noted falling prices in cosmetics, toiletries, home insurance, personal hygiene products and small electric items such as shavers and hairdryers.
- The device uses magnetic inductive power transfer to recharge its battery - a method presently used to charge batteries sealed inside electric toothbrushes and shavers.
2 informal A young lad: little shavers and their older brothers
More example sentences
- The young shavers McAllister now finds himself playing alongside every Saturday do not call him Grandad, at least not to his face, but his presence amid so much callow youth will surely benefit tomorrow's would-be notables.
- Sure, his side is full of young shavers, but surely they are old enough to be able to regulate their bladders by now, we hope.
- My own boy-hood was one of the best any American could have had, for I was a plucky young shaver who engaged in nothing but the most wholesome and vigorous activities!
Definition of shaver in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia