- 1A thin strip cut off a surface: she brushed wood shavings from her kneesMore example sentences
- Crisps are crispy thin shavings of deep fried potato.
- The speck was sliced into the thinnest of shavings ever to be seen.
- A thin layer of shavings goes on the mats each day to soak up excess moisture.
- 2 [mass noun] The action of shaving: [as modifier]: shaving foamMore example sentences
- Tonight, being Halloween, is one of those nights when you can be glad if you live in a flat and the kids can't get to your front door to spray shaving foam through your letterbox.
- Then I remembered American shaving foam have a very strong mint feeling and I am not used to that.
- I was ordered to do all my bathing and shaving and other ablutions upstairs in the most distant bathroom.
More definitions of shavingDefinition of shaving in:
- The US English dictionary