- (In some Arabic-speaking countries) a doner kebab.More example sentences
- With few options open to us, we bought from a street vendor roast chicken shaved from a spit and served on pita bread - shawarma.
- If they were hungry for something other than the normal dining hall fare, they could enjoy chicken and hot bean sauce, shawarmas (a Middle East sandwich made in a pita), or even ice cream from the concessionaires.
- The beef and chicken shawarma are tender morsels of seasoned meat.
colloquial Arabic šāwirma, from Turkish çevirme 'sliced meat roasted on a spit' from çevirmek 'turn, rotate'.
More definitions of shawarmaDefinition of shawarma in:
- The US English dictionary