- Each of the six administrative divisions of the Isle of Man.More example sentences
- The need of this division, according to Young, was to give three parishes to each of the newly formed southern sheadings in the 14th Century.
- As well as sheadings, the island was sectioned into 17 parishes, each having a patron saint from which it got its name.
- For hundreds of years, the Isle of Man has been divided into six sheadings, which in turn were subdivided into seventeen parishes.
late 16th century: variant of shedding (see shed2).
More definitions of sheadingDefinition of sheading in:
- The US English dictionary