- Protective casing or covering.More example sentences
- We run each bit of riser through our fingers, checking visually and by feel for any cuts, snags or bumps which might indicate a problem with the Kevlar lines beneath their protective sheathing.
- I protect the cord with three layers of sheathing, a fluid bath to take up shock, plus a bony housing.
- The power cable has some UV-reactive blue mesh on it, while the shorter lengths of cable are covered in a UV-reactive blue plastic sheathing.
More definitions of sheathingDefinition of sheathing in:
- The US English dictionary