adjective (sheenier, sheeniest)
Having a sheen; lustrous or shining: a woman with sheeny hair
More example sentences
- Women with oiled and sheeny hair, combs thrust through their buns and intricate embroidered aprons tied round their waists, thronged the riverside bazaar.
- The light from the Bleak Inn reflected off of the sheeny coating of dew which covered the street.
- I have a big night out which means I'm looking for a facial that will leave me buffed and sheeny for immediate impact today, not blotchy and deep cleansed for lasting benefits tomorrow.
Words that rhyme with sheenyAthene, bambini, beanie, Bellini, Bernini, bikini, Boccherini, Borromini, capellini, catenae, Cellini, Cherubini, Cyrene, Fellini, fettuccine, genie, greeny, grissini, Heaney, Houdini, Jeanie, linguine, martini, Mazzini, mankini, meanie, Mussolini, Mycenae, Paganini, Panini, porcini, Puccini, queenie, rapini, Rossellini, Rossini, Santoríni, Selene, spaghettini, Sweeney, teeny, teeny-weeny, tortellini, Toscanini, Trini, tweeny, wahine, weeny, zucchini
noun (plural sheenies)North American informal, offensive
A Jewish person.
- Try calling the Jews sheenies, and those in wheelchairs gimps.
- Then the sheenies would re-sell these goods, kind of like today's recycling centers.
- There is no better way to attract the sheenies than to provide entertainment.
Early 19th century: origin unknown.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.