- (Especially in Australia) an extensive tract of land on which sheep are pastured.More example sentences
- A lover of the Canterbury countryside, in 1921 he bought his own farm - Irishman Creek Station, a sheep run of 10.000 hectares near Lake Tekapo in the remote Mackenzie country.
- On the basis that the average sheep run carries 20-50 rams, the union estimates farmers could sedate for a top figure of $25 a session.
- The new Italian state rushed through legislation allowing capitalist landlords to buy up the common lands and sheep runs (previously protected by law) which covered much of inland Puglia.
More definitions of sheep runDefinition of sheep run in:
- The US English dictionary