- 1A dog trained to guard and herd sheep.More example sentences
- On their last morning, the birds are herded by sheepdogs into a darkened ‘starving pen’ - and from there, they are attracted by the light into boxes with a hatch into the slaughter room.
- In this way it functions like a sheepdog herding its flock, always watching over and controlling the whole.
- This pattern of stimulus and response is parallel to the way that a shepherd might train his sheepdog.
- 1.1A dog of a breed suitable for guarding and herding sheep.More example sentences
- Others, however, say the bull terrier crosses never occurred, while some people suggest that Border collies or other sheepdogs participated in the Airedale's evolution.
- Endeavouring to safeguard themselves from the debauchery of robbed apartments, many inhabitants of Magnitogorsk have begun to acquire dogs of the bigger breeds like sheepdogs and Alsatians.
- At the lower end of the animal scale, the popular breed of German sheepdogs was rebranded as ‘Alsatians’, and dachshunds disappeared from the streets.
More definitions of sheepdogDefinition of sheepdog in:
- The US English dictionary