- A public competitive display of the skills of sheepdogs.More example sentences
- Some of the events taking place include fly casting competitions, demonstrations, clay pigeon shooting, gundog and sheepdog trials, terrier races and a tug-of-war.
- Watch championship sheepdog trials, flower arranging, traditional wrestling and show-jumping competitions, and admire prize-winning bulls, horses, chickens and dogs.
- She worked with Mollie in obedience for two years before beginning herding, and she and Mollie were competing in open sheepdog trials until she lost Mollie to bone cancer.
More definitions of sheepdog trialsDefinition of sheepdog trials in:
- The US English dictionary