Definition of sheepskin in English:
1A sheep’s skin with the wool on, especially when made into a garment or rug: [as modifier]: a sheepskin coat
More example sentences
- In several he looked like a 1970s football manager in his white panama hat and a sheepskin coat.
- Faux fur is everywhere for autumn, nestling comfortably alongside leather, suede and sheepskin on the rails.
- White, cream and wintry pale beige hues in conjunction with sheepskin, polar skin, shaggy furs and plenty of quilts conjure up polar expedition gear.
1.1 [mass noun] Leather from a sheep’s skin used in bookbinding.
- Another value added to the cows was the fact that while the rest of Europe used manuscripts made from sheepskin, in Ireland it was calfskin.
- Manuscripts on sheepskin or parchment were easier to create and read than chiseled stone tablets, but still could be read only by one person in one place at a time.
Words that rhyme with sheepskinsealskin • chicken
Definition of sheepskin in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan