- 1A sheep’s skin with the wool on, especially when made into a garment or rug: [as modifier]: a sheepskin coatMore example sentences
- In several he looked like a 1970s football manager in his white panama hat and a sheepskin coat.
- Faux fur is everywhere for autumn, nestling comfortably alongside leather, suede and sheepskin on the rails.
- White, cream and wintry pale beige hues in conjunction with sheepskin, polar skin, shaggy furs and plenty of quilts conjure up polar expedition gear.
- 1.1 [mass noun] Leather from a sheep’s skin used in bookbinding.More example sentences
- Another value added to the cows was the fact that while the rest of Europe used manuscripts made from sheepskin, in Ireland it was calfskin.
- Manuscripts on sheepskin or parchment were easier to create and read than chiseled stone tablets, but still could be read only by one person in one place at a time.
More definitions of sheepskinDefinition of sheepskin in:
- The US English dictionary