noun[treated as singular]
- A hoisting apparatus made from poles joined at or near the top and separated at the bottom, used for masting ships, installing engines, and hauling heavy objects.More example sentences
- Today we have steel piles and mechanical pile drivers - then they had only sheer legs and a suspended weight hauled up by hand.
- The monkey bridge is constructed using two sheer legs and bridged with a hawser and handrails secured using pickets.
- Guys attached to the sheer head allow moving the load horizontally by increasing or decreasing the angle of sheer legs off the vertical.
More definitions of sheerlegsDefinition of sheerlegs in:
- The US English dictionary