- 1Covered with or enveloped in a sheet of cloth: the sheeted bodyMore example sentences
- I turned in my bed and the covers fell off the sheeted mattress onto the floor and I shivered slightly at the loss of the warmth that the blankets had afforded me.
- Their mother stepped over the sheeted body with a smile.
- 2 Geology (Of rock) fissured or divided into layers, especially by faulting: drilling has shown a large, low-grade sheeted veinMore example sentences
- The ophiolite contains a complete igneous stratigraphy of serpentinized ultramafics, gabbro, sheeted dykes and pillow lavas, as described by Moores.
- The boundary between the sheeted dykes and pillow lavas is tectonic, and because of shearing, the pillow basalts are locally poorly preserved.
- We have mapped the entire Spontang ophiolite region where we recognize a complete upper mantle sequence of harzburgite and crustal gabbroic, sheeted dykes and pillow lava succession.
More definitions of sheetedDefinition of sheeted in:
- The US English dictionary