- 1An army officer’s tight-fitting undress jacket reaching to the waist.More example sentences
- The South selected cadet gray as its official uniform color - in tribute to ‘the long gray line ‘at West Point - but the War Department could not begin to supply so many shell jackets and trousers.’
- 2The jacket of a shell suit.More example sentences
- However, in testing the vest and examining in detail the shell jacket, and looking over the new cargo pants, I have to say, the quality and function your customers want is definitely there, at a fair price.
- As a converted downhill skier from Pennsylvania, I came prepared with a neophyte backpack I use to carry a pittance of items, mainly a shell jacket, when I kick and glide on nearby hills.
- Specially designed to zip into a shell jacket, this is a versatile little number with little nylon/Lycra hems round the cuffs to keep out the elements.
More definitions of shell jacketDefinition of shell jacket in:
- The US English dictionary