- Resembling a shell in shape or appearance: a creature with a shell-like carapaceMore example sentences
- He was lying on his back, his eyes closed, his lips pouting, his right arm stretching upwards with his tiny fist curling beside his shell-like ear.
- As for her hair, half of it was split horizontally on the back of her head and was tied up and twisted in a shell-like shape with an aqua-blue flower clip and the other half was down to her shoulders.
- Promises will be made, seductive asides will be whispered into shell-like ears, egos will be stroked.
nounBritish • informal Back to top
- A person’s ear: Prentice had a word in somebody’s shell-likeMore example sentences
- Anyway, I jammed a pair of earplugs in the ol’ shell-likes and managed to get a bit of extra kip, although I had some very weird dreams and dreams within dreams.
- The clamour among Celtic supporters is for Strachan to have similar words in the shell-like of Thompson, who made an inauspicious comeback from injury last week.
- My trainer Tim Etherington, awfully nice chap, has whispered in my shell-like that I am entered in not just one, but two meetings next week.
More definitions of shell-likeDefinition of shell-like in:
- The US English dictionary