noun (plural shelties)
- A Shetland pony or sheepdog.More example sentences
- The sheltie pattern specifies that shelties may be no smaller than 10 and no greater than 13 inches at the withers.
- She had shelties for 20 years before getting her first Border Collie in 1985.
- One is a border collie German Shepard and the other one is a sheltie.
early 17th century: probably representing an Orkney pronunciation of Old Norse Hjalti 'Shetlander'.
More definitions of sheltieDefinition of sheltie in:
- The US English dictionary