- A state of chaos and confusion; a muddle: the debate about climate change and how to deal with it is a shemozzleMore example sentences
- And let us contrast it with the frequent shemozzles that characterise Her Majesty's Opposition, wherein disputes, dissent and debates rage.
- Here's the upshot of the whole shemozzle as I see it.
- I think it's absolutely fair to say that the immediate responses in dealing with the community exposure were a shemozzle.
late 19th century: Yiddish, suggested by late Hebrew šel-lō'-mazzāl 'of no luck'.
More definitions of shemozzleDefinition of shemozzle in:
- The US English dictionary