Definition of shenanigans in English:
1Secret or dishonest activity or manoeuvring: the chairman was accused of financial shenanigans
More example sentences
- These shenanigans were kept secret, and were only revealed after council appointed a judge to investigate.
- So you had these excesses of deception and shenanigans and cheating.
- The financial shenanigans will only add to their existing concerns.
1.1Silly or high-spirited behaviour; mischief.
- Last month's conference in Dublin was accompanied by the kind of practical jokes and shenanigans that would disgrace a stag party.
- Which probably makes him the ideal person to hold forth on royal shenanigans: who better than a clown to discuss a joke?
- Back in the bar it was shenanigans as usual, noisy and a lot of fun goings-on.
Mid 19th century: of unknown origin.
Words that rhyme with shenanigansHuygens • vengeance
Definition of shenanigans in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.