Definition of shenanigans in English:
1Secret or dishonest activity or manoeuvring: the chairman was accused of financial shenanigans
More example sentences
- These shenanigans were kept secret, and were only revealed after council appointed a judge to investigate.
- So you had these excesses of deception and shenanigans and cheating.
- The financial shenanigans will only add to their existing concerns.
1.1Silly or high-spirited behaviour; mischief.
- Last month's conference in Dublin was accompanied by the kind of practical jokes and shenanigans that would disgrace a stag party.
- Which probably makes him the ideal person to hold forth on royal shenanigans: who better than a clown to discuss a joke?
- Back in the bar it was shenanigans as usual, noisy and a lot of fun goings-on.
mid 19th century: of unknown origin.
Definition of shenanigans in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia