- A dish of minced meat under a layer of mashed potato.More example sentences
- Early pies had pastry tops; but modern pies may have a topping of something else (e.g. the mashed potato topping of shepherd's pie or cottage pie) or even be topless (as in the USA).
- The meat was melt-in-the-mouth gorgeous and the shepherd's pie had fluffy mashed potato and flavoursome meat.
- For supper, I make a shepherd's pie with organic beef and potatoes from my box.
More definitions of shepherd's pieDefinition of shepherd's pie in:
- The US English dictionary