A widely distributed white-flowered weed of the cabbage family, with triangular or heart-shaped seed pods.
- Capsella bursa-pastoris, family Cruciferae
More example sentences
- That food consists of various seeds - including grasses, alfalfa, nettles, thistles, shepherd's purse and cranesbill - as well as grain stolen from area farms.
- Broadleaf winter annual weeds, such as blue mustard, tansy mustard, tumble mustard, field pennycress, and shepherd's purse, are very competitive with winter wheat because they compete with the crop throughout most of its life cycle.
- They have been sampling the sites for seeds of hairy nightshade, shepherd's purse, burning nettles, and other common weeds.
More definitions of shepherd's purseDefinition of shepherd's purse in:
- The US English dictionary