- another term for potsherd.More example sentences
- During the Iron Age, people continued to visit Grimes Graves and several excavations have produced pottery sherds, although, again, no settlements have yet been found.
- In the midst of the Anglo-Saxon burials were two crouched Bronze Age burials, both adults, associated with sherds of Beaker pottery and a small bronze awl probably dating from about 2000 BC.
- Within the border zone on the nearer side of the frontier, the haul of finds during an excavation might consist of two or three sherds of Roman pottery, a glass bead or fragment of a glass bangle, some iron fragments, and quernstones.
More definitions of sherdDefinition of sherd in:
- The US English dictionary