Definition of sherry in English:
noun (plural sherries)[mass noun]
A fortified wine originally and mainly from southern Spain: a bottle of dry sherry [as modifier]: a sherry glass [count noun]: please pour me a sherry
More example sentences
- They had three type of manzanilla sherry on the wine list but none in stock and tried to fob us off with white port.
- Drunk straight from the fridge, this delivers the colour, aroma and flavour of a dry amontillado sherry.
- We waited an age to be served and I finally placed an order for a glass of Manzanilla sherry.
- Example sentences
- The rib-eye steak is given extra zing with the addition of sherried peppers.
- Mouth-filling honey and butterscotch flavors with a peppery yet sweet sherried fruit attack.
- Your palate is at first pleasured with a sherried smoothness and then with subtle, smoky, peaty notes.
Definition of sherry in:
- US English dictionary