Definition of sherry in English:
noun (plural sherries)[mass noun]
A fortified wine originally and mainly from southern Spain: a bottle of dry sherry [as modifier]: a sherry glass [count noun]: please pour me a sherry
More example sentences
- They had three type of manzanilla sherry on the wine list but none in stock and tried to fob us off with white port.
- Drunk straight from the fridge, this delivers the colour, aroma and flavour of a dry amontillado sherry.
- We waited an age to be served and I finally placed an order for a glass of Manzanilla sherry.
- Example sentences
- The rib-eye steak is given extra zing with the addition of sherried peppers.
- Mouth-filling honey and butterscotch flavors with a peppery yet sweet sherried fruit attack.
- Your palate is at first pleasured with a sherried smoothness and then with subtle, smoky, peaty notes.
Definition of sherry in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan