noun (plural sherwanis)
- A knee-length coat buttoning to the neck, worn by men from South Asia.More example sentences
- The brides looked resplendent in red shararas while the grooms were dressed in white sherwanis, long Indian coats, and laced caps.
- Apart from sherwanis and open sherwanis with trousers which employs elegant embroidery to enhance appeal, Renu has also worked on short jackets, trousers, jodhpurs and three-piece embroidered suits for men.
- He has designed the traditional ‘Baghas ‘(ensembles worn by kings and princes), sherwanis, kurta pajamas and embroidered dhoti-kurta sets for grooms.
from Urdu and Persian širwānī 'from Shirvan' (referring to a town in NE Persia).
More definitions of sherwaniDefinition of sherwani in:
- The US English dictionary