- A form of therapy of Japanese origin based on the same principles as acupuncture, in which pressure is applied to certain points on the body using the hands.More example sentences
- The effects of shiatsu, acupuncture, moxa, and herbal medicine are still questioned in Japan because they seem to depend upon the individual and are very difficult to replicate or to validate scientifically.
- For example, you may wish to investigate more about various therapies, such as shiatsu, reflexology and remedial massage, and perhaps to include with these some form of counselling or personal development work.
- Practices such as shiatsu, acupressure and acupuncture can correct imbalances by clearing blockages of qi.
Japanese, literally 'finger pressure'.
More definitions of shiatsuDefinition of shiatsu in:
- The US English dictionary