- A broad shield-shaped bug which is typically brightly coloured or boldly marked. It emits a foul smell when handled or molested. Also called stink bug.
More example sentences
- Pentatomidae and other families, suborder Heteroptera
- It is controlled by insecticides and also a predatory shield bug.
- Although sometimes mistaken for beetles, shield bugs belong to a different group of insects, the Hemiptera.
- Sadly, the shield bugs, also known as stink bugs, tend to emit a foul odor when alarmed…
More definitions of shield bugDefinition of shield bug in:
- The US English dictionary