Definition of shifting in English:
Changing, especially unpredictably: diverse districts with shifting demographics
More example sentences
- Not to gloss over a comprehensive and really well-illustrated history, but I was most interested in his characterisation of the shifting relationship between humans and machines.
- Since their 1988 debut, the band has survived a decade and a half of shifting music scenes and neglect from the wider music world.
- It has left Rees with what she describes as "shifting emotional darkness".
- Used in reference to something that is constantly changing, especially unpredictably: whether something is accepted depends upon the shifting sands of tasteMore example sentences
- "That idea is built on the shifting sands of biology," says Sullivan.
- The religious history, while provocative, is built on shifting sands.
- Clan alliances are built on shifting sands.
Definition of shifting in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia