Changing, especially unpredictably: diverse districts with shifting demographics
More example sentences
- Not to gloss over a comprehensive and really well-illustrated history, but I was most interested in his characterisation of the shifting relationship between humans and machines.
- Since their 1988 debut, the band has survived a decade and a half of shifting music scenes and neglect from the wider music world.
- It has left Rees with what she describes as "shifting emotional darkness".
- Used in reference to something that is constantly changing, especially unpredictably: whether something is accepted depends upon the shifting sands of tasteMore example sentences
- "That idea is built on the shifting sands of biology," says Sullivan.
- The religious history, while provocative, is built on shifting sands.
- Clan alliances are built on shifting sands.
Definition of shifting in:
- The US English dictionary