nounoften • derogatory
- (Used especially by Jews) a gentile girl or woman: he’s got a big blonde on his arm - a shiksa no less [as modifier]: your sister has a classic shiksa faceMore example sentences
- Incidentally, what is it about people who go on about being ‘shiksas’ and ‘goys’?
- She even converted to Judaism, calling herself ‘the Jewish shiksa.’
- It's not every day that you say yourself: ‘I can't believe she's not a shiksa.’
late 19th century: from Yiddish shikse, from Hebrew šiqṣāh (from šeqeṣ 'detested thing' + the feminine suffix -āh).
More definitions of shiksaDefinition of shiksa in:
- The US English dictionary