noun[treated as singular or plural]
- Acute pain in the shin and lower leg caused by prolonged running, typically on hard surfaces.More example sentences
- Your specialist first isolates the pain - arthritis, shin splints and knee pain being common.
- I experienced knee pain, hip pain, ankle pain, muscle cramps, headaches, shin splints and pulled muscles, but the discomfort was never enough to prompt me to cut back on my workouts.
- Softer materials are useful for conditions related to shock, such as shin splints, heel bruising and pain beneath the ball of the foot.
More definitions of shin splintsDefinition of shin splints in:
- The US English dictionary