Definition of Shinola in English:
noun[mass noun] US trademark
1.1 informal Used as a euphemism for ‘shit’: there’ll be the same old Shinola on television
- 1neither shit nor Shinola
- vulgar slang Neither one thing nor the other.Example sentences
- If not, if you are a brain dead dittohead, you know neither shit nor Shinola.
- Besides, it's her cat and her money and it don't matter shit nor Shinola to anybody else how she spends it.
- 2not know shit from Shinola
- vulgar slang Used to indicate that someone is ignorant or innocent: a doctor who doesn’t know shit from ShinolaMore example sentences
- Isn't the essence of the appeal of the Big Four awards shows the very fact that ‘experts’ pick the winners, ‘the people’ not knowing shit from Shinola as often as not?
- Lee Dupont has been around since long before the death lens and company card, and knows shit from Shinola when it comes to video work and professional skateboarding.
- See how many drinks his wallet will buy for you while you pretend he knows shit from Shinola.
Early 20th century: from shine + -ola (suffix chiefly in US usage).
Definition of Shinola in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.