Definition of shipboard in English:
Used or occurring on board a ship: shipboard life
More example sentences
- Here, they teach the midshipmen hands-on navigation and shipboard life.
- This charming book is perfect for younger children to reinforce shipboard safety and the importance of life jackets.
- In their private quarters, the Sailors were treated to an unfamiliar shipboard concept - space.
- On board a ship: they had arrived but were still on shipboardMore example sentences
- The Coast Guard began racial integration on shipboard, and the navy followed on some fleet auxiliary ships.
- In perhaps the most reckless display of feminism, women are allowed to serve on shipboard even though a 1981 Navy study showed that they are not capable of handling heavy equipment.
- Such moments control the masterfully disorienting 1928 sequence The Descent of Winter, written on shipboard, and focused on self-doubt in middle age.
Words that rhyme with shipboardchipboard, clipboard
Definition of shipboard in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan