Definition of shipbuilder in English:
A person or company whose job or business is the design and construction of ships.
- Each shipbuilder constructs sections of the ship, while final assembly, outfitting, test and delivery are alternated between them.
- The Ministry of Defence has invited shipbuilders, ship repairers and marine service companies to tender for the supply of the vessels using novel, cost-cutting procurement methods.
- Beyond that, shipbuilders must accommodate specific design requests that give mega-yachts their well-earned reputation for extravagance.
- Example sentences
- Exports are driven mainly by shipbuilding, mineral oils, machinery and equipment.
- In that position, he helped spin off the company's shipbuilding and pipeline divisions.
- The company often hires firms that have no shipbuilding experience to design critical spaces.
Words that rhyme with shipbuilderDrogheda • bodybuilder
Definition of shipbuilder in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.