- As much cargo or as many people as a ship can carry: a shipload of food and medical aid was sent • figurative British punk bands were emerging by the shiploadMore example sentences
- In Norfolk, Virginia, a whole shipload of watching sailors let out a gang-whoop of recognition.
- Marble was delivered there by the shipload, cut, and redistributed.
- A ship called the Jolly George was awaiting a shipload of arms destined for Polish troops in London's East End docks in May.
More definitions of shiploadDefinition of shipload in:
- The US English dictionary