- A person owning a ship or shares in a ship.More example sentences
- On the one hand, a shipowner could send his ship without convoy and make a good profit but at the great risk of its being captured.
- They did not actually employ the labour; they represented the shipowner who put the ship through the port, and they bowed to pressure that they should not have bowed to.
- Are not sections 259 and 261 only concerned with apportionment of liability between ships, or shipowners?
More definitions of shipownerDefinition of shipowner in:
- The US English dictionary