- 1Ships considered collectively, especially those in a particular area or belonging to a particular country: the volume of shipping using these portsMore example sentences
- There was something as massive and significant as the construction of the St. Lawrence Seaway which re-directed much shipping away from Eastern ports.
- Shetland Coastguard and Orkney Harbours are broadcasting warnings to all shipping in the area.
- Besides, if Somalia was key to securing shipping through the area, why did we leave after the Black Hawk Down disaster?
- 1.1The transport of goods by sea or some other means: the shipping of his works abroad wine shipping [as modifier]: a shipping companyMore example sentences
- Still, to deter underage drinking, the states that allow direct shipping require an adult signature upon delivery.
- Lack of security for low-flying aircraft complicates shipping and transportation too.
- Transportation and shipping have slowed to ensure no further spread of the snake.
More definitions of shippingDefinition of shipping in:
- The US English dictionary