- another term for teredo.More example sentences
- For example, bacteria living in the intestinal glands of a wood-boring mollusk known as the shipworm provide the animal with as much as one-third of its nitrogen.
- Although shipworms look like worms, they, like any good clam, have shells.
- They report on concretions from the Palaeogene London Clay of southern England that contain marine driftwood that had been extensively bored by shipworms.
More definitions of shipwormDefinition of shipworm in:
- The US English dictionary