- A material for making shirts, especially a fine cotton in plain colours or incorporating a traditional woven stripe: [as modifier]: Oxford is shirting fabric with a lustrous, soft finish [count noun]: superfine cotton shirtingsMore example sentences
- The small size also allows us to observe textural differences, such as the distinction between wool gabardine and cotton shirting, without the substances becoming unduly associative.
- The company also released a new cotton/linen shirting blend.
- Striped seersucker and oxford-cloth shirting lend a tailored look to a window, making it suitable for a room where froufrou just won't do.
More definitions of shirtingDefinition of shirting in:
- The US English dictionary