- A dish of pieces of marinated meat and vegetables cooked and served on skewers.More example sentences
- The most famous dish of Turkish origin is the shish kebab, pieces of lamb grilled on a skewer.
- Only one dish - vegetarian shish kebab - is without meat on the menu.
- Among the entrées, we appreciated the soft white meat on our chicken shish kebab but we wished it had had more zest.
from Turkish şiş kebap, from şiş 'skewer' + kebap 'roast meat'.
More definitions of shish kebabDefinition of shish kebab in:
- The US English dictionary