- 1(In Egypt and other Arabic-speaking countries) a hookah.More example sentences
- Camel rides await them and afterwards they will gather round to smoke a shisha (an Arabic water pipe).
- Still, the area around Na'ama Bay comes to life at night, when you can explore the neon bazaars or smoke a leisurely shisha pipe while taking in the evening parade.
- And he said that the shisha is not as damaging to health as cigarettes are.
- 1.1 [mass noun] Tobacco for smoking in a hookah, especially when mixed with flavourings such as mint.More example sentences
- The Jordanian-born of the Sahara Cafe has flavoured tobacco called shisha and smoking vessels called argeeleh or hubble-bubbles in his shop.
- The day we visit, we are caught between an American tour group and a group of retired upper class Copts who have come to smoke shisha and gossip about old times.
- You may see some people gather to drink tea or smoke shisha in this lounge.
Egyptian Arabic shiisha, from Turkish şişe.