Definition of shisha in English:
1(In Egypt and other Arabic-speaking countries) a hookah.
- Camel rides await them and afterwards they will gather round to smoke a shisha (an Arabic water pipe).
- Still, the area around Na'ama Bay comes to life at night, when you can explore the neon bazaars or smoke a leisurely shisha pipe while taking in the evening parade.
- And he said that the shisha is not as damaging to health as cigarettes are.
1.1 [mass noun] Tobacco for smoking in a hookah, especially when mixed with flavourings such as mint.
- The Jordanian-born of the Sahara Cafe has flavoured tobacco called shisha and smoking vessels called argeeleh or hubble-bubbles in his shop.
- The day we visit, we are caught between an American tour group and a group of retired upper class Copts who have come to smoke shisha and gossip about old times.
- You may see some people gather to drink tea or smoke shisha in this lounge.
Egyptian Arabic shiisha, from Turkish şişe.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia