(also shock treatment)
- 1Treatment of chronic mental conditions by electroconvulsive therapy or by inducing physiological shock.More example sentences
- Crazy John is to receive shock therapy or counselling for mental illness.
- The treatments comprised straightjackets, seclusion, insulin shock and electric shock treatment, that was it.
- Drugs and electric shock treatment are overused and non-psychotic patients are drawn into hospital work forces.
- 1.1Sudden and drastic measures taken to solve an intractable problem: the economic shock therapy tried by Yeltsin’s governmentMore example sentences
- Even during the early and mid-1990s, anti-Americanism increased in the former Soviet Union after Western-style economic reforms such as shock therapy failed utterly.
- Conviction led him to initiate economic shock therapy to pull the U.S. out of the stagflation of the 1970s.
- All the countries adopting shock therapy experienced prolonged economic crisis and mass impoverishment, although the depth of the crisis varied from country to country.
More definitions of shock therapyDefinition of shock therapy in:
- The US English dictionary