- (In the former Soviet Union) a member of a shock brigade.More example sentences
- During the first five-year plan, Soviet workers who exceeded their production quotas were designated as ‘shock workers‘[udarniki] and given special incentives and awards.
- It recognized tens of thousands of women in retailing as labor heroes: exemplary workers, shock workers, and Stakhanovites.
- The state wanted them to be literary shock workers, but they wished to remain artists.
More definitions of shock workerDefinition of shock worker in:
- The US English dictionary