Definition of shoegazing in English:
A style of rock music characterized by a sound in which the distinctions between separate instruments and vocals are blurred: we’re influenced by an array of different genres ranging from shoegazing to 90s acid house a rich sound that encompasses elements of shoegaze, psychedelia, and krautrock [as modifier]: a post-punk shoegaze band
More example sentences
- Guitar-based shoegaze records are tough sells these days.
- You can chart a gradual progression from the comforting confines of shoegaze towards a disturbing mish-mash of fuzzed-up guitars and dark drum patterns.
- Now, over ten years later, shoegaze is enjoying something of a renaissance.
- Example sentences
- Over the past few years, the Dandy Warhols have gone from precocious shoegazers to frontrunners.
- With former Ride frontman Mark Gardener touring the world performing old Ride numbers, shoegazers seem to be in a good place at the moment.
- Medicine emerged at the start of the 90s as common-or-garden shoegazers.
1990s: from the supposed tendency of the performers to look down (especially in order to operate guitar effects pedals) rather than at the audience.
Definition of shoegazing in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.